....bit more about flu jabs....not the bird one....the bog standard one that kills thousands every winter

..called my surgery today to enquire, whether...as a lecturer/teacher.......they would...let me have the flu jab..........bearing in mind that the previous surgery I attended was very happy to oblige. Bit of a long pause........"Let me check" she said............

thank goodness they were decent enough not to play "CRAP...you're on hold" noise.
" No" she said..."It's not government policy"
"Okay" I said...."but is it yours?"................bit of a long pause"!
Yes" she said. ( I sort of didn't quite believe her....but had to...I couldn't see her eyes on the phone).
"You can have the jab if you are over 65 years old and seriously ill.....under 65 and seriously ill....over 65 years old and healthy"
"Ah" I said " Teaching is a bit of a threat to health.....will that count?"
She smiled, I could see it down the line....she actually laughed..........."That's not government policy"
"Okay" I said..."but is it yours?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Festival of the Sea at Marina Grande Sorrento

Timothy Snyder on why a Ukrainian Victory is Important for the World.