November 16th 2005

Today we were on strike across the nation............NATFE.....that is..............sad/cold, further education teachers stood outside colleges the length of the country with banners saying someting like.....give us some more money ...please............perhaps another 6,000 a year would not go amiss........it would just bring us up to the same wage as primary/secondary school teachers.

'fraid nobody is gonna listen....not after the "black propaganda" of the previous day when "FAILING FE COLLEGES TO BE SOLD OFF TO PRIVATE COMPANIES" was the news item on all the media.............strange really...the timing........and not a word was said about the strike the next day.

My view on strike action as changed..........until today I was a scab......I worked through every strike called................my students were more important to me. However, last year I cracked up, the workload was unsustainable..........the advice I was given was "Do your job badly, that's the only way you will get through the day" I guess the other way that I would survive would be to marry one of the managers and get preferential treatment ....................or even just be a best, best, besty best friend.

So I have, I am afraid, turned. I wanted to down load a pic from my mobile but have no idea how to do it........so me on a picket line will not entertain you...maybe later.............. once I have sorted out how.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Festival of the Sea at Marina Grande Sorrento

Timothy Snyder on why a Ukrainian Victory is Important for the World.